Pre-loader

Jewellery Disclaimer

Jewellery Disclaimer

 

Although extremely rare, some people are allergic to the metals and finishes commonly used in making jewellery. It is the responsibility of the consumer to be aware of any allergies he or she may have to metals (gold, silver, etc.) or the oxidation applied to metals (liver of sulfur) prior to making a purchase.Our jewellery may contain elements of base metal, brass, copper, nickel, gold, silver or other alloys . There is no way for us to know the medical history of our customers, Aithihya Jewellery will not be held liable for any allergic reactions that may occur as a result of wearing our jewellery.


CHOKING HAZARD


Many Aithihya Jewellery designs contain small component parts such as charms, which may present a choking hazard if ingested. As a result, jewellery from Aithihya Jewellery should always be kept out of the reach of young children or other individuals likely to ingest the jewellery or its component parts. Jewellery should never be worn in the shower, pool or bed, and it should never be placed in the mouth due to risk of choking. Please keep your little ones safe!


Jewellery Turing green


The most common culprit for these green and black stains is copper. Some jewellery can be all copper, but most of the time it is a copper alloy mixed with gold. Also, some people’s body chemistry makes them much more prone to get these green discolorations.


This explains why two people can wear the same gold jewellery and exhibit very different reactions.


Avoid areas that perspire


Any type of moisture, especially sweat, tends to speed up the chemical reaction. If you can, try to avoid wearing jewellery near parts of your body that sweat a lot. Also, try not to wear jewellery while exercising or in high stress situations. This should go a long way towards limiting the amount of discoloration you see.

Don’t go swimming with your jewellery
Chlorine has a strong reaction with copper. Avoid swimming with your jewelry on at all costs.


No household cleaners while wearing your jewellery


Many household cleansers contain chlorine to help disinfect while cleaning. Even in small amounts, this chlorine will often produce a reaction with your gold jewelry.


Wear your jewellery for shorter periods of time


This is mostly common sense but it should be said. The less time your jewelry is in
contact with your skin, the less likely you will end up with green discoloration.


Are you getting a red, itchy rash from your jewellery?


If your jewellery is giving you an itchy rash, you probably have an allergy to one of the metals in your piece. Please check for allergies to artificial jewellery before you purchase or wear them. Aithihya Timeless Collections will not be responsible for any reactions as we will not be able to know your skin conditions.

This is a standard cookie notice which you can easily adapt or disable as you like in the admin. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

Pre-loader
>